- Diabetes Mellitus is a chronic condition caused by high blood glucose
- Blood glucose levels are normally regulated by Insulin (a hormone produced by pancreas)
- Type 1 diabetes : when pancreas can’t make insulin
Type 2 diabetes : when pancreas produces inadequate insulin
Insulin Resistance : when body cells don’t respond to Insulin properly
- Research shown that inadequate Glucose Tolerance Factor (GTF) is 1 of the main causes of Type 2 diabetes
In the glucose (“sugar”) metabolism, inadequate GTF results in
- Poor insulin function
- Insulin receptor to be less sensitive
- Glucose molecules cannot enter / exit the cell membrane easily
Evidence shows that in Type 2 diabetics, chromium level of 0.2 µg/L or lower is common
Research also shows that GT&F milk plays an important role in reducing one’s plasma glucose (“sugar”) level
A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial was conducted in 2004 by a research scientist team lead by the former head of Taiwan National College of Medicine, Professor Dr. Tai Dong Yan. This world standard clinical trials took place at four renowned hospitals, which are…
The clinical trial results showed that:
…by supplementing daily intake with 400mcg of chromium within 16 weeks, type 2 diabetics experienced lower fasting blood glucose level as well as LDL cholesterol. Meanwhile, HDL cholesterol improved..
Research also indicates that GTF is found to be effective in controlling diabetes; as published in A Journal of Pharmacology and Therapeutics; Diabetes, Obesity And Metabolism, 2009:
…chromium group can significantly enhance insulin and protentiating the action of insulin thus leading to uptake of glucose into cell by opening the gate of membrane cell. With this, glucose is converted into energy for conducting body functions.
Therefore, GT&F® product is effective as an adjunctive therapy for management of type 2 diabetes mellitus along with diets, exercise and traditional pharmacotherapy.