- Fatty liver disease is the build-up of excess fat in the liver cells
- It is NOT a life-threatening disease, but, sometimes the excess fat can result in liver inflammation. An inflamed liver can hardened over time. This will cause liver failure.
- Causes of fatty liver disease:
High Fat Diet
PREVENT & MANAGE FATTY LIVER DISEASE
- Healthy diet (try incorporating GT&F milk into your daily diet)
- Regular exercise (minimum 30 min daily)
- Limit & if possible, avoid alcohol
GT&F milk is an excellent chromium-containing supplement that is clinically proven to serve as a hepatoprotective agent against non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) through …
- Reducing glucose (“sugar”) & fat level in the blood & liver
- Suppress inflammation
Journal of Life Science (2009): Chromium group confirmed it can raise the antioxidant capacity in liver thus protecting it against cell damages. Besides, it also helps in reducing inflammation and speeding up the recovery of damaged cells. While concurrently regulating blood glucose and fat metabolism, it also reduces the burden of liver by reducing the sugar and fat, thus improving the function of liver.
Journal of Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications (2010): Chromium supplementation prevented progression of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) and the beneficial effects were accompanied by reduction of hepatic triglyceride accumulation, elevation of hepatic lipid catabolic enzyme, improvement of glucose and lipid metabolism, suppression of inflammation as well as resolution of oxidative stress. Chromium could serve as a hepatoprotective agent against NAFLD.