Strestonic⨁ MBiENS consists a blend of selected natural ingredients Saffron, Ashwagandha and Magnesium.
1. Saffron extract
Clinical proven efficacy on moods: studies
Saffron extract also provides positive effect on moods and depression within a week’s time without any adverse effects.
Clinical proven efficacy on sleep quality: studies
- Besides that, non-restorative sleep (NRS) affects 10% people worldwide, leading to poor sleep quality, as well as physical and cognitive fatigue, and may result in other sleep disorders.
- Supplementation of Ashwagandha root extract significantly improves sleep quality.
- A 72% increase in sleep quality was found for the treatment group, compared with 29% in the placebo group (p < 0.001) (Deshpande et al., 2020).
- Known as the ‘Calm mineral’, Magnesium is it is required for more than 300 biochemical reactions, as well as for specific actions in various organs such as the neuromuscular or cardiovascular system.
- Magnesium helps the body to maintain healthy levels of GABA, thus allowing for more restorative sleep. Hence, GABA can help calm both body and mind while you prepare for sleep.
Akhondzadeh, S., Tahmacebi‐Pour, N., Noorbala, A.A., Amini, H., Fallah‐Pour, H., Jamshidi, A.H. and Khani, M., 2005. Crocus sativus L. in the treatment of mild to moderate depression: a double‐blind, randomized and placebo‐controlled trial. Phytotherapy Research: An International Journal Devoted to Pharmacological and Toxicological Evaluation of Natural Product Derivatives, 19(2), pp.148-151.
Faryadi, Q., 2012. The magnificent effect of magnesium to human health: a critical review. International Journal of Applied, 2(3).
Jackson, P.A., Forster, J., Khan, J., Pouchieu, C., Dubreuil, S., Gaudout, D., Moras, B., Pourtau, L., Joffre, F., Vaysse, C. and Bertrand, K., 2020. Effects of Saffron Extract Supplementation on Mood, Well-Being, and Response to a Psychosocial Stressor in Healthy Adults: A Randomized, Double-Blind, Parallel Group, Clinical Trial. Frontiers in nutrition, 7.
Kelgane, S.B., Salve, J., Sampara, P. and Debnath, K., 2020. Efficacy and Tolerability of Ashwagandha Root Extract in the Elderly for Improvement of General Well-being and Sleep: A Prospective, Randomized, Double-blind, Placebo-controlled Study. Cureus, 12(2).
Langade, D., Kanchi, S., Salve, J., Debnath, K. and Ambegaokar, D., 2019. Efficacy and safety of Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) root extract in insomnia and anxiety: a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled study. Cureus, 11(9).
Möykkynen, T., Uusi-Oukari, M., Heikkilä, J., Lovinger, D.M., Lüddens, H. and Korpi, E.R., 2001. Magnesium potentiation of the function of native and recombinant GABAA receptors. Neuroreport, 12(10), pp.2175-2179.
Nielsen, F.H., 2015. Relation between magnesium deficiency and sleep disorders and associated pathological changes. In Modulation of Sleep by Obesity, Diabetes, Age, and Diet (pp. 291-296). Academic Press.
Noorbala, A.A., Akhondzadeh, S.H., Tahmacebi-Pour, N. and Jamshidi, A.H., 2005. Hydro-alcoholic extract of Crocus sativus L. versus fluoxetine in the treatment of mild to moderate depression: a double-blind, randomized pilot trial. Journal of ethnopharmacology, 97(2), pp.281-284.
Shahdadi, H., Balouchi, A. and Dehghanmehr, S., 2017. Effect of saffron oral capsule on anxiety and quality of sleep of diabetic patients in a tertiary healthcare facility in southeastern Iran: A quasi-experimental study. Tropical Journal of Pharmaceutical Research, 16(11), pp.2749-2753.