Probiotics and The Benefits
- It is becoming more widely accepted that people with CKD have altered gut flora.
- In individual with CKD, they have more pathogenic bacteria in the gut compared to ‘good bacterias’ (Stephen et al., 1998)
- The pathogenic bacteria ferment undigested excess protein in the intestine, therefore produce uremic wastes which are burden for kidneys (Ranganathan et al., 2014).
- Therefore, intake of probiotics helps to balance the intestinal flora, thus improving the digestive and immune systems.
- Balancing of the gut flora prevents overgrowth of pathogenic bacteria which produce uremic toxins (Tao et al., 2019).
- Probiotic also enhances the removal of uremic toxin wastes in the colon to reduce the kidney’s burden.
- Renadic is fortified with 5x109cfu/g (5billion) of Bifidobacterium Longum to enhance GI health, improving the immune function and aids in removal of uremic toxins.